Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A mother's lesson in humility...


Do you ever see people around your neighborhood walking their dogs? Do you see them with plastic grocery bags, usually knotted and containing something relatively heavy? I often feel ashamed for those poor people. Forced to trail around behind their dog with their make-shift, poorman's pooper-scooper. While I am glad that they are taking responsibility for the cleanliness of their neighborhood and beloved pet, I secretly wish they'd just make their dog do his thing in someplace where I don't have to witness it as I drive by. Snobbish, you say? Perhaps...

Fast forward to today. What a fun day we had. We attended our last day of gymnastics, as t-ball will be starting shortly and had lunch at Burger King with Aunt Shell, Little Dude and Tater. The children played in the kiddie land until they were actually sweating. We were having so much fun, we decided to take them to a local neighborhood park to continue the wild rumpus, so to speak. While J had frequented various restrooms on our day of fun, he had not done the one necessary thing that really cannot be done on a tree. I'm sure you are all following me so far.

While the park we went to is probably one of the best in the city with great climbing toys, picnic tables and RESTROOMS (!!!!!) , the powers that be chose to close said facilities for the winter.


@#$%&*}!!!!!


It would of course be at that moment that J had to use that potty, RIGHT NOW!!! After trying to brainstorm solutions with the co-mom in attendance, the only thing we could come up with was to emulate those selfless pooch owners and their grocery bag porta-potties. I don't think I have to paint a picture for you, but I was laughing so hard at the sheer rediculousness of the scene, which took place privately behind the locked facility, that J had to ask me to stop before he could go into the bag.

As I walked, with bag, knotted at the top with it's weighted contents, to the garbage can, I couldn't help but think, "Man, this would be great experience to put on my blog..."

J, I hope someday you can forgive me for sharing this uniquely priceless moment with the world. I really do love you...

5 comments:

Topsy said...

I don't even know what to add to that. . . hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Tracy said...

That is the greatest story in the world. I only wish I was there to share the laughter with you. Perhaps you shouldn't have gambled with such a fun time at Burger King by continuing the fun... Live and learn my friend! I'm still laughing.....

Susie said...

Isn't it wild that we all revel in such happenings in our lives because it provides such fantastic blog material? So, so funny.

Malauna said...

Your kidding right? That is priceless. And good for you for coming up with a way to solve the inconvenient problem of park restrooms being closed in the winter. Perhaps we should take this matter to the city council.

Emmett Ricks said...

Well said. I don't think I'll ever forget that one.