Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Artist


A few days ago, in preschool, J made this drawing. As per our usual routine, we went through his backpack when he got home and we discussed what he did that day and what he brought home. His drawings usually include himself, a monster, a dog (usually Grandpa and Grandma's), or his family. Not this particular day.

This small picture does not do the original justice, as I'm sure my brother can attest. The figure on the left is J and the ball in the middle is a flaming bomb. I, myself, loved that the bomb is menacing yet smiling. It is being hurled at a "really bad guy." I also love that J is so big in the picture and the bad guy is very small. I hope he is able to translate that into the real world when he is confronted by a bully. Hopefully, he will not have the resources at that time to make a flaming bomb...

How blessed we are to have J in our lives and our family. He is such an example of kindess to other children and keeps us laughing. I love picking him up from play dates only to hear the mom ask me if she can keep him and how well he played with their kids. We are all so proud of him and what he does for our family simply by being alive. J, I hope in 10 years when you are having a really bad day, that you will read this and know how much we all love you....

2 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I thought the ball was some type of firework. I'm sure you know why.