Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Handsome Man!




On Sunday we celebrated D's 33rd birthday. What a blast! We had a great group of friends join us for hot dogs, chili and football. What a great combination. My only regret was that I wished more friends could have joined us. Unfortunately, our house simply would not accomodate everyone in the area that is important to us. That and my heart could not handle any more kids. Holy frijoli! (Did I spell that right?) I wish I would have taken a picture of the toy room after Hurricane Birthday Party came through it.


I especially loved cake time. Using a coupon, of course, I bought the "All American Chocolate Cake" from Costco. Those of you who have had it can attest to the ooey, gooey, goodness of this confection. Four layers of dark chocolate cake with equally dark and yummy frosting between each layer. Oh, and don't forget the shaved chocolate bits covering the outer edge of the cake. The best part of the cake time? D, being so sweet and mindful of the children, told the group around him that he would need help blowing out the candles, which happened to be the trick candles that sparkle. When the candles wouldn't go out, the children took it upon themselves to spit upon the cake to make sure the light was good and extinguished. Did that stop us from cutting it up and sharing it with family and friends? Heck, no!


D and I had a good laugh that evening because the previous night and after church the next day, D spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to wire our satelite TV to our movie screen upstairs. About 2 hours and $150 worth of cables and plugs later, D found success. We could watch the Super Bowl on the big screen! Now the funny part.... Did anyone come upstairs to watch the much anticipated game? Nope. Everyone wanted to stay downstairs to talk. So periodically, D would come up and check the score and report it to us motor mouths downstairs. Oh, well. Now we'll be ready for next time. Is anyone up for a General Conference party? :)


Jonah was put in charge of the party this year. I should say he volunteered. He was very excited to make and deliver invitations and plan the food to be served. He did a great job delegating to his "staff," also known as Mom. D's family and my parents joined forces to give him what he has been wanting, a new lap top. I think he was really pleased and excited. I'm also enjoying the ability to look up recipes in the kitchen and shop the Target and Kohl's clearance web site with a blankie on the couch. Ah, technology... Now, if I can just find someone to actually DO the cooking, I'll be on to something... Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!


3 comments:

Topsy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY D!!! WE LOVE YOU! OLD FART!

Ralina said...

I'm bummed we couldn't be there to help celebrate the big day! I hope you had a great birthday!

Tracy said...

Rache - you know we would have cleaned the playroom if we were there! :) American Idol party - here we come!!! Happy Birthday Damon!!