Monday, January 28, 2008

We believe in Eternity...


Since this blog is a journal of our family, I would be neglectful if I did not note the passing of our dear prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. When I heard of his death I felt nothing but relief and joy for him to be reunited with his eternal companion. What would we do without the gift of eternal families. What a terrifying thought to belief that our families end after death. No parting for us; we are in it for the long haul.

President Hinckley was the first prophet that I wanted to have in my home. I would have loved for him to sit on my couch, eat my cookies and tell me about...everything! I never felt like he could "judge" anyone, but loved all of the members unconditionally and pleaded to the Lord in their behalf. What a blessed man and how blessed we all are to have been a part of his legacy in the gospel. I am sure that he and his wife are having quite the reunion in the Celestial Kingdom. Maybe they will visit Grandma....

1 comment:

Malauna said...

You summed it up perfectly. "The prophet you wanted in your house."