Friday, December 12, 2008

Birthday Boy Jonah!


While I have been neglectful to my blog, I ask for it's forgiveness as I try to catch up, once again, over the next few days.
We just can't get enough of birthdays around here. Jonah just recently turned 6 and for the life of me I can't remember where I put those last six years. As I watch my children grow, I try to revel in every moment and conveniently forget that I am aging as well. Not that 31 is that old, it's just closer to 40 than I would like to believe. Can I get an "amen?"
Anyway, I digress. Jonah had an awesome birthday! We had an Indiana Jones themed party for him and Cole (I just couldn't do two parties) and each of them invited a few buddies. It is amazing to me how 11 small people seem to occupy and fill every corner of the house. We invited new friends from Jonah's kindergarten and for most of them it was their first time in our home. Of course everything was an adventure, just as Indiana himself would have had it. Enjoy the pictures from the party. I couldn't have done it alone. My sweetie and my brother were both quite instrumental in the success of the day. I had this great idea to let the kids shoot blow darts at a scary native instead of the usual "pin the tail on the whatever" game. I gave each child a straw and a q-tip that had been cut in half and dipped in poison (ketchup). It made the perfect dart to blow at the bad guy, which was beautifully created by my illustrator brother, David. Damon was less than thrilled with the mess that it created, but he was very patient and waited off to the side with a cleaning rag. Good man...I know this picture is dark, but I made a pretty cool Indian Jones hat cake. The "sand" around it was crushed up graham crackers and I placed little jewels around it. I forgot to buy a number 6 candle, but I had a 1 and a 5! Thanks to the dollar store, each child got their own Indiana Jones hat, a candy whip and a bag of treasure. We even sat at the table and made paper snakes and our favorite librarian (Buddie) read stories. It was great afternoon. I hope Jonah loved it as much as we did. Happy birthday, Indiana Jonah!!

No comments: