Monday, November 10, 2008

Cole is how old?

Look at that handsome little face. Can you believe he is already three? Saturday our little Colie had a big birthday. So many things have changed over the last year. When he turned two, Cars were the big thing. Now it is Star Wars. He made out like a bandit this year and acquired quite a collection of "guys" as he calls them. We even outfitted him with his own light saber (life saber, as he calls it). I especially love it when he runs around with the light saber and sings the Star Wars theme song. What a little champ.

Last year Cole wanted a Lightning McQueen cake and I did a decent job. This year he wanted Yoda and I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I regretted after I was finished that I had used chocolate cake instead of red velvet cake for the Yoda head. That would have been awesome when we cut into it! Oh well.
The whole day was great. We went with Buddie and Boppo to see Madagascar 2, took pizza to Grandpa Gombert's house, ate cake, opened presents and then went home and watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. What a super great day with just our little family.

We are so grateful for you, Colie, and are so happy that you are such an important part of our family. You are our favorite three year old.
Happy Birthday, Little Jedi!!

7 comments:

Yeargains said...

Rach-

I love the yoda cake!!! TJ was yoda for Halloween. Kids just grow up too fast. They can go from 3yrs to 18yrs in 60 seconds flat. Hold on tight!!

Lisa

Ralina said...

What a big boy! I can't believe how grown up he looks. They grow way too fast. Hes so handsome. Happy Birthday!

Tracy said...

That is the cutest cake I have ever seen!! - and what a handsome boy you have there. I haven't "blogged" in a while - looks like I have some catching up reading to do! Yay!

HABBENINK said...

Yay Cole! What a champ. Nice work on the cake, Cheesehead.

Amy Heath said...

Rachel, he is so cute! That's a sweet cake, and a beautiful picture of him. My favorite part is the snot wiped on his sleeve....just adds the perfect 'little boy' touch. Why would ANYONE photoshop that out? I love it!!

Steph said...

Hi Rachel, I stalk your blog all the time, but had to comment on that cake. You ROCK! That is a fantastic Yoda! If my kids ever want that, I'll be calling YOU instead of trying to figure it out on my own.

Steph Whitted

Michelle said...

Wow that cake was awesome. I agree about the red velvet. It would have added a nice effect/affect?.