Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ladies Man, Jr.

Last weekend we had our friends over for dinner. While this may not seem like a big deal to most, when their daughter, Josie comes to visit, we take out the fine china, or at least the clean dishes. We didn't think that it would start this early, and given J's affinity to burping, thought that it might not happen at all. However, Josie has become the "main squeeze." A few months ago J came to me with a very serious look on his face and said, "Mom, Josie's coming. I need to get some flowers." Well, now we know that someone is teaching him right!

However, I fear that J is becoming a ladies man. At church last Wednesday, the dad of J's friend Maddy asked him if he thought his daughter was cute. He quickly gave a vehemently positive reply. Maddy has specific allergies and J has become accutely aware of them, asking me in the grocery store if any of the items we purchase have soy or nuts. I'm so glad that he can read now. All I do is hand him the package and make him read the ingredients himself.

Fortunately, J is very discrimating. At this rate, we won't have to worry about who he brings home in the future. Keep it up, big J and always keep them guessing!

3 comments:

HABBENINK said...

That's what I'm talkin' about! I need to follow his example!

Tracy said...

Oh, how friggin cute! You go, J! Rachel, I love hearing these great songs when I open your blog!!

Topsy said...

Rachie Roo, I miss you!
You are a stinker for not writing more often!