Monday, January 19, 2009

All is calm, all is bright, Part Two...

When my brother and I were kids, we used to go sledding on the hill across the street from my Grandparent's house. It is actually a slope, not a hill, that comes down from the irrigation canal that runs through Southeast Boise. With the blessing of snow for the holiday, I wanted to relive the memory of sledding from 15 years ago and take my children to our special slope. As my brother David and I climbed to the top with Jonah and Cole I murmured to him, "Hmm, this hill seemed a whole lot bigger 15 years ago." However, that did not stop us in the least. Damon, David, the kids and I and even my Mom took turns "careening" down our slope. A perfect day for our special holiday break.




If you can believe it, Cole is actually asleep in this position. I was making dinner in the kitchen while the kids watched a show and noticed that he had been in this position for a very long time. I ran for my camera and captured this classic child moment.
Jonah's brain never ceases to amaze me. Here, he has used his Kinex and marshmallows to create an automatic marshmallow roaster. This was his own idea and his own design. Move over Steve Jobs!
Never before has evil been so cute. Here Cole wears another costume from Christmas. He wears this Darth Vader outfit around the house almost daily and walks through the halls humming the Dark Side theme song with his hands behind his back. I love the little piggy toes peeking out from under the suit.

Well, there you have it - a brief synopsis of our Christmas break. We pray that you and yours enjoyed the merriest of Christmases and hope that God blesses all of us in this new and exciting year. Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

HABBENINK said...

Coolest kids in the world!

emily said...

hi rachel--thanks for finding your way to my blog and for giving me some moral support! when i got to your blog i totally recognized you from boise--i don't know if you did enough sleuthing on my blog to figure it out, but my maiden name is taye and i was friends with your brother back when he was Fud--tell him hi from me!


we're having the elders over for dinner tonight, so i didn't have much time to look at your blog beyond your current reads--i couldn't finish kite runner after a certain whammo part that's hard for a mom to read. i couldn't start the twilight ones, but that's a different controversial post . . . ;)

karla said...

Rach I love reading your blog and miss spending time with you and the girls. Your boys are adorable and growing up so fast.It seems like not long ago we were sitting at your baby shower for Jonah. Your doing a great job and your all so super cute