Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Horray for the Big K!

OK friends. Time for fun thing number two: Jonah started Kindergarten. As many of you know, it was much harder on me than it was on him to leave Jonah that first day at the "big kid school." However, he ran out of class the first day and immediately asked me when he could ride the bus by himself. Apparently there is no separation anxiety there. My answer? "Heck No!"

Jonah's teacher is Mrs. Young and we already love her. She only stands about as tall as my shoulder and she is a firm believer in teaching the kids independence. Very cool.

I was a little embarrassed about asking Mrs. Young if I could take her picture, but she assured me that I was not the first one to ask.

Many moons ago when I started the first grade, my mom took my picture on the front porch of our apartment with my arm around my little brother. I just couldn't help but try to recreate the moment with my little guys.

Go White Pine Timberwolves! Kindergarten Rocks!!

No comments: