Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break?

OK, so am I the only one who is going nuts this week? I had all of these beautiful plans to take my children to the zoo, the park, and other various OUTDOOR activities. What the heck happened? We woke up to sun this morning, but it is about 20 degrees outside. Yesterday, in between brief peekings of sunlight what did we have? How about rain, snow and last night, very painfully tiny, sharp HAIL!! Oh Hail!!

I am so grateful to the Lord for blessing us with the moisture we so desperately needed in the valley. What a blessing to live in such a beautiful land rich with activites, freedoms of all kinds with safety and health...

That said, I am feeling totally jipped of my spring break! I couldn't even spring clean because I had already done most of it last week when our family was coming for the weekend. (Did I actually complain that I don't have anything to clean?) And on top of it all my kids have had croupy, phlemy coughs all week. I make note of all these critical feelings here because this is my family journal. I will look back on this years in the future and probably laugh at myself...maybe.

I have to stop writing now, my kids are screaming at each other. I think we are all getting cabin fever... Too bad I don't have a cabin to have it in...


This picture was taken two weeks ago when we, anticipating spring, made bird feeders out of Crystal Lite canisters. This week's freaky weather washed off the peanut butter and seed, of course.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Add me to the list! Luckily my kids aren't the slightest bit sick. On the other hand, with our house being on the market, the last thing I want is for us to be stuck inside making messes when anyone could call any moment wanting to see my no longer spotless house. Argh. Winter be gone! Pretty please?

Nancy said...

I feel your pain with the sick kids. Jaron is miserable. I hope he didn't get your kids sick. They all seemed fine when they played together. Oh well, maybe next year's spring break will make up for this year's "bummer" year.

Topsy said...

I found an empty Crystal Light canister the other day and thanks to you, I just couldn't throw it away. Looks like peanut butter smear is in my future!

Tracy said...

I forgot to post! You are a wonderful mommy! :) It shows in your wonderful boys.

Tracy said...

I meant comment - I forgot to comment. I'm a dork.